6 October 2011

QR codes and libcampuk11

I've been wanting to explore QR codes ever since I discovered their existence at the UC&R and CoFHE Conference at Exeter last year. The impetus finally came, firstly from buying a new phone (theoretically so I could send/receive e-mails) and secondly, the clear easy instructions on how to create QR codes from Katie.

I love Katie's idea of linking a cake recipe to a QR code and displaying it next to your cake - however, not being the best cook, I decided to use one on my name badge for Library Camp (Apologies to Katie for taking inspiration from her name badge!)

 

3 comments:

  1. Chris,

    Delighted that the instructions were useful, and no apologies needed for taking inspiration from my badge!

    See you tomorrow :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with how organised everyone's being making badges, I think I'll have to opt for a scrawled sticky label on the day though. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick Response (QR) codes seem to appear everywhere these days. We can see them on posters, magazine ads, websites, product packaging and so on. Using the QR codes is one of the most intriguing ways of digitally connecting consumers to the internet via mobile phones since the mobile phones have become a basic necessity thing of everyone. In this paper, we present a methodology for creating QR codes by which the users enter text into a web browser and get the QR code generated. QR Code Creator

    ReplyDelete